About the Project
Content coming soon!
Helpful resources for this project include:
- Storey, K., Stearns J.A., McLeod, N., Montemurro, G. (2021). A social network analysis of interactions about physical activity and nutrition among APPLE schools staff. Social Science & Medicine – Population Health, 14. doi:10.1016/j.ssmph.2021.100763.
- Ofosu, N.N., Storey, K.E., Veugelers, P.J. (2020). Adolescents’ perspectives on environmental and individual factors influencing their health behaviours. Alberta Academic Review, 1(3). doi:10.29173/aar30.
- McKernan, C., Montemurro, G., Chahal, H., Veugelers, P., Gleddie, D., Storey, K.E. (2020). Translation of school-learned health behaviours into the home: student insights through photovoice. Canadian Journal of Public Health, 110(6):821-830. doi:10.17269/s41997-019-00232-1. https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.17269/s41997-019-00232-1.pdf
- McKernan, C., Gleddie, D., Storey, K. (2020). Student-centered photovoice as a mechanism for home-school interaction: teacher perceptions of efficacy. Health Education Journal, 79(1):82-93. doi:10.1177/0017896919862849.
- Ofosu, N.N., Ekwaru, J.P., Bastian, K.A., Loehr, S.A., Storey, K., Spence, J.C., Veugelers, P.J. (2018). Long-term effects of comprehensive school health on health-related knowledge, attitudes, self-efficacy, health behaviours and weight status of adolescents. BMC Public Health, 18:515. doi: 10.1186/s12889-018-5427-4. https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1186/s12889-018-5427-4.pdf
- Roberts, E., McLeod, N., Montemurro, G., Veugelers, P.J., Gleddie, D., Storey, K.E. (2016). Implementing comprehensive school health in Alberta, Canada: the principal’s role. Health Promotion International, 31(4):915-924. doi: 10.1093/heapro/dav083. https://academic.oup.com/heapro/article/31/4/915/2593478
- Roberts, E., Gleddie, D., Veugelers, P.J., Storey, K.E. (2016). The principal: a key player in creating a healthy school culture. Health Matters. Alberta School Boards Association. Submitted November 4: 1 page. http://www.appleschools.ca/files/ASBA_Health_Matters_newsletter_Vol._3,_No._1.pdf
- Roberts, E., Bastian, K., Ewkaru, J.P., Veugelers, P., Gleddie, D., Storey, K. (2016). The role of the comprehensive school health principal in knowledge sharing and exchange. Physical & Health Education Academic Journal, 8(1):1-18. https://ojs.acadiau.ca/index.php/phenex/article/view/1600
- Storey, K.E., Montemurro, G., Schwartz, M., Farmer, A., Veugelers, P.J. (2015). Preparing school health facilitators: building competence and confidence for a new role. Physical & Health Education Academic Journal, 7(2):1-15. https://ojs.acadiau.ca/index.php/phenex/article/view/1590
- Storey, K.E., Cunningham, C., Spitters, H., Schwartz, M., Veugelers, P.J. (2012). The Sustainability of APPLE Schools: Teachers’ Perceptions. Physical Health and Education Journal, 78(3):16-22. http://www.appleschools.ca/files/TeachersPerceptions-Sustainability.pdf
- Storey, K.E., Spitters, H., Cunningham, C., Schwartz, M., Veugelers, P.J. (2011). Implementing Comprehensive School Health. Teachers’ perceptions of the Alberta Project Promoting active Living and healthy Eating in Schools: APPLE Schools. Physical & Health Education Academic Journal, 3(2):1-18. https://ojs.acadiau.ca/index.php/phenex/article/view/1422